Port Elizabeth of Yore: Brickmaker’s Kloof

This steep Kloof which extends from the Baakens River at its foot to what is today Park Drive at the top must have obtained its moniker due to the activities of a Mr John Matthews. In 1822 he opened a brickfield at the top of what was to become Brickmaker’s Kloof to manufacture normal building … Continue reading Port Elizabeth of Yore: Brickmaker’s Kloof